Serves: 8 Serving size: ½ cup
- ½ cup reduced-fat margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8-oz can chopped tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ lb shelled, deveined shrimp
- 4 cups cooked pasta, any shape
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet and sauté the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. If the mixture appears thin, add enough tomato paste to thicken.
- Simmer, uncovered for 15 min. add the shrimp the last 5 min spoon over pasta and serve hot.