Serves: 8 Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 tsp corn oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Chopped hot chili pepper (as tolerated)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded, and chopped
- Salt/ pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, garlic, chili pepper, and celery and sauté until the onion is tender. Do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, lime juice, bay leaves, and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is slightly reduced. Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is done, about 10 min. do not overcook. Serve with hot rice.