Baja Fish Tacos
- 1 Bottle Ms Patti’s Cilantro Lime Hot Sauce
- 1 pound Tilapia fish filets
- 2 cups shredded Cabbage
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¾ cups of Cornmeal
- ¼ cup Mayo
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup diced Red Onion
- 1 cup diced Tomato
- 8 Tortillas
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- ½ Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Cayenne Powder
- Prepare the Cabbage Slaw- Make dressing by mixing Mayo, Sour Cream and Ms Patti’s Cilantro Lime Hot Sauce to taste. Toss cabbage, onion and tomato into dressing and set aside.
- Prepare the Fish Coating- Combine Cornmeal, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Powder and Sea Salt and Black Pepper in large bowl.
- Sauté Fish Filets- Preheat Olive Oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the fish filets on both sides in the cornmeal mixture and set aside.
- Once the oil is hot, (but not smoking), cook the fish on both sides until golden, brown and crispy. (About 2-3 minutes on each side.)
- Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Taco Time!- Warm up Tortilla according to package instructions
- Place ¼ cup of Cabbage Slaw in the center of each Tortilla
- Divide the fish evenly among the 8 Tortillas and add Ms Patti’s Cilantro Lime Hot Sauce to taste.
- Fold Tortillas in half and serve!
For more Patti LaBelle recipes visit www.pattilabelle.com.