Serves: 8 Serving size: 3 meatballs
- 1 lb extra-lean (95% fat-free) ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fat-free (skim) milk
- Salt/ pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- ¼ cup reduced-fat and sodium chicken broth
- 1¼ cups reduced-calorie grape jelly or preserves
- ¼ cup catsup
- Mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg substitute, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Roll into 24 1-inch balls. Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the meatballs over medium heat. Stir in the chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, melt the grape jelly or preserves and catsup together in a small saucepan over low heat until hot and pour over the meatballs. Cook for 30 min.